Sunday September 18, 2016

Florida Man Sues Samsung After Note 7 Explodes In His Pants

Mr. Strobel claims that the phone "burned directly through his pants, resulting in severe burns on his right leg" while he was shopping at Costco. I am surprised that it took this long for someone to hit Samsung with a lawsuitآ—this is supposedly the first from the States.

Samsung Electronics Co (005930.KS) was sued on Friday by a Florida man who said he suffered severe burns after his Galaxy Note 7 smartphone exploded in his front pants pocket. The lawsuit by Jonathan Strobel may be the first in the United States by a Samsung phone user against the South Korean company over a battery defect linked to the Note 7. It was filed one day after Samsung recalled about 1 million Note 7s sold in the United States. Samsung has received 92 reports of batteries overheating in the United States, including 26 reports of burns and 55 reports of property damage, U.S. safety regulators said.

Comments