Lepa G Series 1000W Power Supply Review
We are back with another one kilowatt monster PSU review. This one promises to surpass 80 Plus Gold level efficiency pulling tremendously heavy wattage loads while claiming to be cool and quiet. Lepa may be a new name to some of you but its heritage comes from Enermax. Will this G Series live up to its Enermax ancestry?
Enermax Technology Corporation is a company that is well known in the world of power supplies and general computing alike. Founded in 1990, Enermax has made a name for itself by providing solid performing power supplies, among other computer components, and accessories. Enermax' current lines of power supplies encompass a wide range of products targeted at various market segments including the MaxRavo, MODU87+, PRO87+, Platimax, Revolution85+, Galaxy EVO, MODU82+, PRO82+, NAXN, LibertyECO, and Tomahawk series. In addition to being a retail presence with its Enermax brand power supplies, Enermax Technology Corporation appears to be one of the few real OEM designers of power supplies. Its power supplies however, have only rarely shown up under other labels including Grow Up Japan, Sapphire, and its house brand Lepa. Today we are looking at our fourth power supply from the Enermax’ house brand Lepa. This particular model is the 1000W model from its "G" series (G1000-MA). As with the previous members of the G series (G700 and G1600) that we have reviewed, the G1000 is of course built by Enermax.
A Sure Bet? Or a Lepa of Faith?
Today’s Lepa G1000 is the 4th power supply we have seen from Lepa to date. With this unit coming in at 1000W, it is the second largest unit we have seen from Lepa to date, trailing the G1600 in wattage. The 1000W market is a tough one to crack and just about every major player has an offering at this power level (of at least one market segment or another) so Lepa has its work cut out for it. Lepa has, however, shown some impressive results recently with its G1600, so we certainly have reason to hope that this unit will also be a good product. Before moving on, let’s see what Lepa has to say about this products placing/features:
• Surpassing 80 Plus Gold level
• Hybrid Modular Cabling Design makes system upgrade and replacement easy
• 135mm ball bearing fan with thermal programmed speed controller delivers silent, cool operation
• Honeycomb-shaped ventilation design increases airflow and keeps power supply cool
• Solid State Capacitors and 100% 105oC Japanese Grade A Electrolytic Capacitors provide great reliability
• DC-to-DC Converter Design ensures system stability
• LLC Resonant Converter Topology achieves high efficiency
• Zero Voltage Switch (ZVS) topology provides superior performance and reliability
• Dual Sided PCB design synergizes PCB layout
• Four powerful +12V rails with high maximum loads offer great compatibility with heavy-duty graphics cards
• Compliance with EU ErP Lot 6 2013 standards (lower than 0.5W power consumption at standby mode)
• Over Power, Over Current, Over Voltage, Under Voltage, Over Temperature, Short-circuit protection provide great safety to your system
• ATX12V version 2.3 and EPS12V version 2.92 compliant
As there is nothing more than a list of features here today, let's move on to see what we have to look forward to when we purchase the Lepa G1000 in terms of documentation, accessories, cable count, rail layout, output characteristics, and general build quality.